Thursday, January 14, 2010

Victory for Vintage!


I have been surrounded by 'vintage' all of my life, from the beautiful antiques that graced the floors and walls at home to my Mum's overflowing fabric cupboard (the dreaded (yet legendary) jam-packed cupboard at the top of the stairs!). When planning the current Slice of Pie collection I decided to go all misty eyed and retrospective by delving into the said cupboard. I became a fabric magpie, surrounded by boxes and bags of scraps and offcuts, each one like a tiny cotton masterpiece worthy of display and recognition. I picked a handful (ok so I picked armfuls) of my favourite designs, many were so familiar to me from my childhood I knew they had to feature in the collection. So later with a big box of beautiful vintage fabrics and my old fashioned typewriter on my desk I went about designing the new collection. I do hope I have done them all justice.

1 comment:

  1. im pretty sure doing them justice will be a massive understatement!! the sneeky peek pic in this post looks dreamy already : ) and im very excited to view them over a cup of cinnamon & spiced apple tea!!!
    hooray for the cupboard at the top of the stairs!! xx

    ReplyDelete